- Cook Time35 min
- Yield4 servings
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (medium, peeled and roughly
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Italian Herbs
- 1 Garlic (large clove, peeled and grated, cut fine)
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium pot with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes then mash with the oil and half of the salt. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the beef, onion, carrot, Italian seasoning, garlic, and remaining salt to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for six to eight minutes until the beef is fully browned and the vegetables have softened. Drain any excess liquid.
- Set oven broiler to high or 500°F (290°C).
- Spread the beef filling in a baking dish. Spoon the mashed potatoes on top and smooth them into an even layer. Brush with the remaining oil and broil for 10 to 15 minutes until browned. Divide onto plates and enjoy!