A flavourful quinoa, black bean and chickpea salad that you could enjoy as a meal!
**Hyperlinks to purchase ingredients for this recipe are included in the ingredient list. Please note that based on seasonal availability some items may not be available but can be substituted as desired.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- Yield5 Servings
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Chickpeas
- 2 cups Black Beans
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (Chopped)
- 2 tbsps Minced Fresh Cilantro
- 3 tbsps Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Salt And Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Avocado (peeled and sliced)
- Heat the 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the quinoa and 1 3/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 12-16 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the lime vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, combine olive oil, lime juice, chili powder and cumin. Whisk (or shake in a jar with a lid) until well combined.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and stir in the rinsed and drained black beans and chickpeas, bell pepper, red onions and cilantro. Add the dressing and stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve salad warm or cold with sliced avocado.
Feel free to also add chopped mango to the salad!