Developed by Jaswant’s Kitchen with an amazing spice blend of 20 spices that makes cooking curry easy!
**Hyperlinks to purchase ingredients for this recipe are included in the ingredient list. Please note that based on seasonal availability some items may not be available but can be substituted as desired.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- Serving SizeServes 6-8
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat, add garlic and ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Add 1/2 cup water, the entire package of Jaswant’s Kitchen Channa Masala, tomato paste and tomatoes and stir.
- Cook until the tomatoes soften, then add the chickpeas.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes then add 2 cups of water.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add more water if needed, then add the lemon juice and salt. Stir and cook for another few minutes.
- Mixture should be slightly saucy.
- Serve on rice or with naan or steamed cauliflower.
Freezes well to keep for another day or a lunch!