Why choose goodfood2u as your Ottawa grocery store?
Since 2006 goodfood2u has been Ottawa’s source for local and organic produce. Locally owned and operated by Jennifer Williams and Yannick Carriere, goodfood2u believes organic and local food is a large piece in reducing carbon emissions and supporting sustainability in the region.
Here’s a little summary of how we are Ottawa’s sustainable grocery store.
- Goodfood2u is a solution to the food waste crisis in Canada. Ordering from goodfood2u decreases food waste which eases pressure on carbon emissions. We order just in time for your order. That means your food is super fresh, and we aren’t stocking food that may go to waste.
- We have a wide range of delicious plant-based foods. Decreasing meat consumption is one of the easiest ways to tread a little lighter on our fragile planet.
- We focus on local. We work with local farms and producers to offer a wide range of local products year-round. Even in the depths of winter we have a Provincial Produce Box that allows you to eat produce from Ontario and Quebec.
- All of our produce is certified organic. While there is some controversy in the research there is evidence to support that organic farmers can attack climate change on multiple fronts, since they undoubtedly reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) related to the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides like fumigants, which are manufactured using fossil fuels. In addition, they build soil health which is a large part of offsetting carbon.
- We offer complete flexibility and customization to make sure you get the food you want when you want it. There are no commitments, only convenience.
- Oh, and we deliver. Think of it, year round, we deliver healthy food to your door. With no delivery fee if you spend $45 on your order in our core delivery areas.