Simply delicious, and filling, with so many different options depending on food preferences!
**Hyperlinks to purchase ingredients for this recipe are included in the ingredient list. Please note that based on seasonal availability some items may not be available but can be substituted as desired.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time45 min
- Total Time1 hr
- Yield4 Servings
- 2 cups Red Cabbage (shredded)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Green Beans (cut into 2-cm pieces)
- 2 Carrots (grated)
- 1 Cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Block Firm Tofu (moisture pressed out, sliced)
- 1 cup Naked Natural Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup Short Grain Brown Rice
- 4 Lime Wedges (to squeeze on the salad)
- 1/4 cup Roasted Peanuts (Optional, to add to the top of the salad (or sesame seeds)
- Start cooking 1 cup of rice according the the directions on the package.
- Remove tofu from packet, cut into desired size, and arrange one by one onto a clean kitchen cloth/towel. Cover up the pieces with the clean towel, place a flat, heavy object (such as a dutch oven or cast iron pan) on top of the tofu to press out extra moisture. This ensures that the tofu will not stick to the frying pan as much. Set aside to continue pressing.
- Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil on high heat. Plunge the green beans into the water. After 2-3 minutes strain out hot water and plunge the beans into ice water to stop the cooking process. Strain out the water.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Heat oil. Fry tofu on all sides until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve each bowl as follows: Spinach on the bottom of the plate, add a scoop of cooked brown rice. Then add sliced/grated cabbage, carrots, cucumber, green beans. Top with tofu and drizzle with Naked Naturals Peanut Sauce. Top with cilantro and fresh lime juice. If you have peanuts or sesame seeds add on top also!