Taco Tuesday Variation – Wild White fish, corn tortillas, yummy mango salsa. Yum!
**Hyperlinks to purchase ingredients for this recipe are included in the ingredient list. Please note that based on seasonal availability some items may not be available but can be substituted as desired.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time30 min
- YieldServes 4
- 8 Corn Tortillas or Wheat Tortillas if preferred
- 1 filet Manitoulin Wild Whitefish
- 2 tbsps Oil Of Choice
- 2 Lemon (juiced)
- 2 cups Lettuce (Washed and chopped)
- 1 Mango (diced)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (1/2 of the pepper, chopped)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 2 Avocado (peeled and mashed)
1. Preheat the oven to 500F (260C) and move the rack to the top setting. Cover a large
baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with some olive oil. Lightly rub
white fish with extra virgin olive oil, a splash of lemon juice and season with sea salt and
pepper. Cook in the oven on top rack for 8 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
2. Remove fish from oven and chop with a knife. Place in a bowl and toss with a bit of
3. In a large bowl prepare the mango salsa by mixing together the cut mango, 1/4 cup of
red onion, 1/4 cup of the red pepper chopped, cayenne and 1/2 of a lemon (juiced).
4. Prepare the guacamole by combining the 2 mashed avocados. Add chopped tomatoes
and finely chopped/grated garlic. Add 1/2 juice of a lemon and a pinch of salt. Stir.
5. Warm your tortillas and place on a plate. Top each taco with fish, mango salsa, lettuce and guacamole.
Feeding more people (or have hungry folks to feed), cook two pieces of fish and double the number of tortillas!