Delicious, super simple recipe for 4, with options to add or take away items for picky eaters!
**Hyperlinks to purchase ingredients for this recipe are included in the ingredient list. Please note that based on seasonal availability some items may not be available but can be substituted as desired.
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time40 min
- YieldServes 4
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed) or use dry black beans (soaked and cooked)
- 3 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, stemmed and chopped
- 1 head Leaf Lettuce
- 1 Red Pepper, washed seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chopped Red Onion
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Let the cooked quinoa cool slightly.
2. Saute the onions, garlic, peppers for 3-5 minutes minutes in a touch of cooking oil. Add the black beans, paprika and a pinch of salt cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Make guacamole. Remove the ripe fruit from two avocados, add to a bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocados until smooth. Add 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1 clove of garlic, grated, pressed or chopped fine, juice from 1 lime, a pinch of salt and some diced cilantro. Stir and adjust with salt/lime as needed.
4. To serve, divide the quinoa between bowls then add the spinach, black bean mix, and the chopped tomatoes. Top with guacamole.
5. Season with additional lime juice or salt and pepper, top with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Feel free to add/sub other veggies, chopped mango, or use a different grain. There are so many variations!