An easy vegan Korma, made with the perfect blend of spices from Ottawa own’s Pestle & Pods spice company.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time35 min
- Serving Size2
- 1 cup Yellow Onion
- 1 1/2 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp The One Curry Masala
- 1 tbsp Garlic fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger fine chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped.
- 3 kale leaves washed, stemmed and chopped
- Fresh Cilantro
- Optional: Top with cashews
- Heat a cooking oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add chopped onion and sauté till it turns gold brown. Add the chopped/grated ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute. Add all the tomatoes, give it a bit of stir for a minute.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of the The One Curry Masala and 1 tsp salt, stir well. Add small amounts of water to keep from burning
- Saute until the entire mixture is soft for about 2-3 mins.
- Add all the vegetables, and stir well.
- Add the coconut cream and stir.
- Add water, enough to cover the vegetables.
- Put the lid on and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce the flame to medium low for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn. Be sure to put the lid back on.
- After 15 minutes remove the lid and turn the heat up to medium high and let it boil for 3-4 minutes until the water evaporates, creating the constituency of table cream.
- Top with fresh cilantro leaves. Add cashews as desired. Enjoy!
Serve with Cauliflower Rice, Basmasti Rice, or Naan. Feel free to vary the vegetables based on the season, and what’s already in your fridge. Also feel free to add a protein of choice.