Quick and easy Red Lentil Daal, with Jaswant’s Kitchen spice blend that has 20 different spices that have been roasted, ground and blended in the right proportions. Gluten-free.
- Cook Time30 min
- Serving Size8
- 1 package Jaswant’s Kitchen Daal Spice Mix
- 2 cups Red Lentils
- 1 3/4 tsp Salt
- 8 cups Water
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- Rinse and drain red lentils
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil
- Add the red lentils, salt and entire Daal Spice Package
- Reduce heat to medium and let simmer (stirring occassionally), about 25 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick and the lentils loose their shape
- If the mixture is getting too thick, add small amounts to water to reach desired consistency (should be like thick soup)
- Add chopped cilantro, stir.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower or with naan.
Leftovers will freeze well. Enjoy!