A quick Rice and Tofu dinner with bok choy, Carrots, and ready to pour peanut sauce!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time40 min
- YieldServes 4
- 1 block Firm Tofu, drained
- 1 cup Basmati Brown Rice, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 0.5 lb Baby Bok Choy, washed and cut in half
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks (long thin pieces)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into long pieces
- 1.5 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup cup Naked Natural Peanut Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and begin drying your tofu. Drain, remove it from the package and place between two thick towels folded into the shape of the tofu. Then place a plate or bowl on top and top it with something heavy like a book or skillet.
2. Once dry, unwrap, chop tofu into roughly 1-inch cubes or rectangles
3. Arrange tofu on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet to prevent sticking and bake for a total of 25-35 minutes, flipping once halfway through to ensure even cooking. This will dry out the tofu and help give it a more meat-like texture. If you want a tougher texture, cook it for 30-35. For a slightly more tender texture, pull it out at 20-25 minutes to check.
4. Cook the Rice according to the package.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil or sesame oil and swirl to coat. Then add veggies and ginger and toss to coat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Add the 1/2 cup of sauce and stir. Then add the tofu and stir to coat.
6. Cook the mixture for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. When veggies are cooked to your preferred doneness, remove from heat. Serve over rice.
Leftovers will store well in the fridge for 4 days. Enjoy!