Quick to make, hearty and delicious vegan soup for 4.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Perform Time15 min
- Total Time45 min
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Red Onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, washed and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, washed, and finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Italian Herbs (or a combination of oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary)
- 2 cans Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. In a large, deep pot over medium heat, add the oil to heat.
2. Add the onions, celery and carrots, salt and pepper. Stir together and allow to sauté for about 8 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the carrots are softened.
3. Add in the garlic, and stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the veggies begin to look caramelized.
4. Add in the italian herbs, cannellini beans and stir to combine.
5. Add in the vegetable broth and stir again.
6. Bring to a boil, and then to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
7. Remove 2 cups of the soup (with veggies in it – just scoop two cups out), and add to your blender. Add the ½ cup of water to that mix, and blend until completely smooth). Pour this mix back into your soup, and stir to combine.
8. Stir in the kale and lemon juice.
9. Serve with a crusty bread or a side salad. Enjoy!
Soup will keep well for another meal in the fridge.