Keeping our Community Safe-COVID 19
We are all in this together
Goodfood2u’s business model naturally involves very little human contact. By ordering from us you can avoid going to stores and you can place orders for food from the safety of your home. Home delivery is an excellent solution for our community to continue to receive fresh fruit, vegetables, milk, bread, eggs, and groceries.
As we all navigate this new territory of a global health pandemic, we are taking steps as a local business to ensure that our operations are safe for our staff and for our customers.
Here is how we are protecting our customers and ourselves:
1. We have confirmed with our suppliers that they are taking steps to ensure their food supply chains are safe. For example, truck drivers aren’t allowed in our suppliers’ warehouses; all warehouse staff in shipping and receiving areas are wearing gloves, masks, and hair nets.
2. To date there is no evidence of transmission through food. There is risk from human contact while shopping but not from the food itself.
3. We have our own warehousing location where there is minimal interaction with other people than ourselves (the owners) and our staff.
4. We have regular staff who are taking all the necessary precautions, including hand washing, wearing gloves and staying home if sick.
5. We will deliver to your door but will not enter homes. We will knock on the door only and leave boxes.
6. We will not be accepting cash or cheques at this time, please make arrangements to pay by e-transfer or credit card.
7. We will not be taking back used boxes for reuse at this time. Please recycle any boxes you receive from us.
8. We will also not be taking back glass bottles and jars right now, please hold them for future pick up.
9. We are maintaining social distancing practices, from delivery drivers, customers and suppliers.
10. As always, we recommend you wash all produce before consuming.
If you know someone who is concerned about leaving their home during this difficult time, please do forward our information to them. We would be happy to bring them food at this time.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Jennifer and Yannick