The Easter Bunny? Ah, we tell our kids such funny stories,...
Garlic Chive Baguette Toasts
- 3/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled 1 tbsp. chopped tarragon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic chives
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- A fresh baguette or other crusty bread
Crumble the cheese in a bowl. Add the tarragon, garlic chives and pepper. Toss the mixture with the oil and allow it to rest for 1 to 3 hours at room temperature. When ready to serve, preheat the broiler and toast slices of the bread lightly. Spread each piece with a tablespoon or more of the cheese mixture. Place the bread on a baking sheet and broil for about 1 minute, or until the cheese just begins to bubble. Watch carefully as they broil. Serve warm.
Chive-glazed baby carrots
- 4 bunches baby carrots, trimmed and scrubbed or peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2tablespoons heavy cream
- White pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped
1. Place the carrots in a skillet with the butter, sugar, salt and one-half cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is evaporated.
2. Stir in the lemon juice and cream and bring to a boil, stirring. Season with more salt, if needed, and white pepper. Add the chives and mix with a rubber spatula until coated. Serve immediately.
Feelin’ the pinch of inflation, we get it. We are too!...
“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly...
I had that moment yesterday, while driving my son to hockey,...
It’s snowing(!) as I write this! According to World Atlas,...