Potato Salad with Dill, White Wine & Green Apple
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- Coarse salt
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tart green apple, such as Granny Smith, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1. Put potatoes into a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water by about 1 inch. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, and set aside until just cool enough to handle; peel if desired. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
2. Meanwhile, stir together shallots, wine, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add warm potatoes; toss to coat potatoes. Add parsley, dill, and oil; toss gently to coat potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in apple. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 4 hours; bring to room temperature before serving.
Lemon Dill Cauliflower
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. dill, or 2 Tbs. fresh, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 8 minutes or until almost tender. Remove cauliflower from steamer basket. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Stir in cauliflower, dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.