The Easter Bunny? Ah, we tell our kids such funny stories,...
Potato Salad with Dill, White Wine & Green Apple
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- Coarse salt
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tart green apple, such as Granny Smith, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1. Put potatoes into a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water by about 1 inch. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, and set aside until just cool enough to handle; peel if desired. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
2. Meanwhile, stir together shallots, wine, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add warm potatoes; toss to coat potatoes. Add parsley, dill, and oil; toss gently to coat potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in apple. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 4 hours; bring to room temperature before serving.
Lemon Dill Cauliflower
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. dill, or 2 Tbs. fresh, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 8 minutes or until almost tender. Remove cauliflower from steamer basket. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Stir in cauliflower, dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Feelin’ the pinch of inflation, we get it. We are too!...
“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly...
I had that moment yesterday, while driving my son to hockey,...
It’s snowing(!) as I write this! According to World Atlas,...