Why choose goodfood2u as your Ottawa grocery store? Since...
Lentil Nut Loaf
- 2 cups of water
- 1/3 cup red lentils and 2/3 cup of brown/green lentils
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery or kale
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of each thyme, sage, rosemary and oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup almond or cashew butter
Cook the lentils in two cups of water about 30 minutes until the lentils are cooked through.
Fry the vegetables in olive oil until cooked, add garlic and herbs. Cook for another 30 seconds. Mix the lentils and vegetables together in a bowl.
Add the eggs, oats and nut butter. Stir together, place in a loaf pan and bake at 375 for an hour.
Serve with salsa, miso onion gravy or your other favourite sauce of choice!
Honey Glazed Carrots & Parsnips
- 4 parsnips, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250ml stock
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt & pepper
1. Peel parsnips and carrots. Cut into half lengthways, then slice diagonally into 1cm pieces.
2. In a large flat pan, combine carrots, butter, stock and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered for 4 minutes.
3. Add the parsnips and cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Transfer the vegetables to a shallow baking dish with a draining spoon, preserving liquid in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Add more stock to the pan if necessary to make 250ml. Stir in
honey, lemon juice and curry powder. Bring to the boil over a
high heat and boil for 1 minute or until the liquid has thickened
Even though my kids are getting to an age where they can...
The Easter Bunny? Ah, we tell our kids such funny stories,...
Feelin’ the pinch of inflation, we get it. We are too!...
“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly...